PONTIS considers itself a very active investor. This means that the given investment team is fully committed and gets really involved in all strategic and financial matters of the portfolio company. Consequently, this is an approach that differs fundamentally from other financial investors with large portfolios, who usually pursue a more passive and monitoring-based approach.
Typically, PONTIS takes on the lead or if necessary the co-lead role when it comes to investing together with co-investors. Potential syndicate partners generally include other national and international private equity companies, business angels, corporate venture firms, and sometimes also strategic partners.
During the investment phase, PONTIS Capital primarily contributes to added value in the following areas:
- Intensive support in the fields of strategy development, financial structuring, building corporate structures and carrying out organisational adjustments
- Needs-based support of introducing general management tools such as balanced scorecards & CRM systems, mostly for sales management and controlling
- Launch and support of management recruitment procedures
Establishment of adequate and informative reporting at portfolio companies
- Inclusion of portfolio companies in all fund management networks relevant for the sector
- Professional preparation and implementation of suitable exit procedures